The Rory Gilmore Book Challenge

I mentioned in my 25 in 2025 post that I was doing the Rory Gilmore Book Challenge. I loved watching Gilmore Girls while it was on TV and I have watched the entire series over a dozen times I would guess. I felt connections to different parts of Lorelai and Rory, especially Rory always reading. I loved her valedictorian speech when she graduated Chilton. When I came across the Rory Gilmore book challenge I was intrigued. I could only think of a few of the books Rory had mentioned or we could see her read in the show. The idea of tackling all of the books she mentions/reads in the show does seem daunting, but I figure I'd try and tackle some of the ones that most interest me and see if eventually one day I finish. 


There are a few lists floating around the internet for this challenge. Some are all of the books seen on screen being read by Rory, some are every book ever mentioned on the show. I heard about the challenge from Blogs of a Bookaholic, but the list I'm using is actually a printable colouring page I found on Etsy that has a bookshelf you can colour in as you read books and it has 408 books mentioned on Gilmore Girls and Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. If you want to try this challenge and want a fun way to track it, you can find the file I bought here. If you're also a movie buff, that same Etsy shop has a tracker of all of the 463 movies mentioned on the show as well. It even has a spot to rate each movie which is cute. I bought both and marked off what I had already read and seen prior and now I'm seeing how far I get with tackling the remaining.

I'm hoping to make an update post either monthly or every other week, detailing what books I'm currently reading from the challenge, have read recently, or am waiting to find. I haven't seen a ton of the books from this challenge on KU of course, so I'm planning on utilizing my local library as much as possible for this. I'm a big contributor to library fines since I forget to return them on time so we'll see how this goes! I currently am waiting for a few book holds to be ready so I can start marking more off of my bookshelf colouring page.

If this is a challenge you're interested in, you can find a list of books on the Blogs of a Bookaholic post I linked above or the printable colouring page version I linked from Etsy above.

xo,
Tina









 

Comments

Popular Posts