25 in 2025

I've been bullet journaling a bit this year (still struggling with the consistency of doing it daily) and one idea I found from a bullet journaling YouTuber was XX in 20XX and I've really been enjoying it and decided to use that idea for books too.

The idea is 24 in 2024, 25 in 2025, etc. In my bullet journal I have a list of things that I'm tracking for the year like house projects, movies watched, try new recipes, and some self care items as well. And every time I do one of those things I check it off and see how many I can hit 25 on by the end of the year. It's a casual and fun tracker vs a hardcore set of goals. So I decided to take that idea and make myself some book challenges based on a few ideas I already had.

I saw a friend had a theme for their book club of banned books and I really liked that idea so I wanted to try reading a banned book each month. I also knew I wanted to start trying to knock some books off of the shelf in the Rory Gilmore reading challenge but if I don't think of it actively I might forget. So I decided to combine the 25 in 2025 with those two ideas and I'm going to try to read 25 banned books in 2025 and 25 books off the Rory Gilmore challenge as well. Each month, or perhaps each week, I'll update on which books I completed that month and how far I am from that goal.

Some of the books on the Rory Gilmore reading challenge are books that have been banned/challenged so some are a two birds, one stone situation.

If you're not familiar with the Rory Gilmore reading challenge, I'll be making a blog post on that soon and will link it here once it's done. 

If you have suggestions of books you loved or think are most important to read that are on a banned or challenged list, please leave them in the comments. I have a rough list but would love to add more for this year and future years!

Do you have any book challenges for this year? Or a yearly goal for books overall?

xo,
Tina


Comments

Popular Posts